June 13-16
Noah and I headed to Emerald Isle on Wednesday after work. He and my dad got up early on Thursday and played a round of golf, which proved to be fairly enjoyable, although it sounds like they'll both have to stock up on golf balls before they hit the links again. In the afternoon, we all drove to Morehead City and Beaufort. In Morehead City, we "caught" one of the Big Rock weigh-ins. This time the boat brought in a 30+ pound dolphin fish (aka mahi mahi). The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tourney is an annual fishing competition, and this year's winner brought in a 613-lb blue marlin! While we didn't get to see the big one, we enjoyed seeing the boats and watching the excitement. Afterwards, we ate dinner at Sanitary Fish Market. On Friday, we found some sun and shells on the beach and ate a delicious homemade shrimp dinner! Saturday mornng, after one more walk on the beach, Noah and I drove to New Bern where we walked around for a couple of hours. New Bern is the 2nd oldest city in NC and at one time was the state capital. It is also known as the birthplace of Pepsi. On the way back to Chapel Hill, we stopped at McCall's Barbecue and Seafood in Goldsboro. I'll just say that we got our money's worth from the buffet and were feeling it the whole way home. Back in Chapel Hill, we cheered on the U of L baseball team in the College World Series and the golfers in the US Open.


3 Comments:
Do you drink Pepsi??
I won't pass up a (diet) Pepsi, but I think I prefer (diet) Coke.
What is up with all the diet? you like it better?
I'm a coke girl. actually I'm a diet mountain dew girl. or cheerwine. Yum.
Post a Comment
<< Home